Monday, March 10, 2014

Starting Over #MeMoments

So in 2012 I discovered that blogging isn't for 'sissies' and that consistently posting as part of a busy schedule can be a challenge and a half. My blog YouHadMeAtHello started off with a bang but pretty much ended with one too and it has taken me this long to muster the courage to get it going again. Because the thing is, getting something going is never the problem, but rather the seeing through of it is.
So why now? I think that I finally find myself in a place where I can accept that I do not have to fit into a certain mold in life or in who/what my blog should be about. Actress, presenter or voice artist; company manager, choreographer or director; cast coordinator, production manager or film AD, it doesn't really matter. Having been blessed to experience such a varied multitude of industries and arenas, I finally realised that it is quite a gift and a strength to be able to easily adapt and apply myself to very different roles and job descriptions. I now proudly own my chameleon skill, both on stage or on screen, in front of the lens or behind, creative or corporate - wherever the work or world of artistry takes me, that's where I'll go.

And with this blog as with so many things (think eating plans, exercise regimes or giving up bad habits), I need to take a deep passionately motivated breath and start all over again. Each Monday of each week, we re-do, re-think, re-plan and then take on the next week (or chapter) with even more gusto and a few learnings in our pockets.        Maybe this time round, YouHadMeAtHello will help me with just that.

So, here's to starting over.

No comments:

Post a Comment